Hello!
well we've almost completed our second week! This week I got to start at Give kids the world. It is so amazing. It is like a life size candy land. You can just see the joy in the kids faces, and most of their families ha! I have been able to so far work in Katie's kitchen, which is a boston market type place they can order food at all day, and i have also worked in the express breakfast, that is in the ice cream shop where it is fast breakfast so they can get about their day. Jaylan, my partner from GoNow has gotten to work in the gingerbread house, where it is more a sit down place to eat, and you can have conversations with the families. It is so magical! Today I will be in the la ti da spa, and then tonight I will be at Mayor Clayton's birthday celebration, painting faces! Hope they give me easy things to paint ha. Every thursday is Christmas at GKTW. So my partner savannah will be taking pictures of the kids with santa. How fun!
On another note, I got to meet the church I will be working with all summer. It is a Hatian church... (they are from haiti). I will be helping them start up and organize their worship team! It will be a good experience. They already have people together, I will just help them get it more organized, and add a guitar! I love their worship, it is very spirit led. This church has only been going since April, so it is cool to be apart of a new church plant. I am also excited because I get to be a part of international ministry even though I'm in orlando! (There are a lot of international ministry opportunities, because of all the tourists.)
Our supervisor Suzette told us of how we are able to reach some internationals, that missionaries in their actual country wouldn't be able to reach because of their social status. But because they are in america, we can minister to them. I never thought of it that way, but it makes since.
Sorry this is so long :)
Everything is going great. We start kids clubs next week. Im really excited. This place is so great because we are getting a chance to do ALL types of ministry, God is going to do great things. He has provided great spiritual leaders to encourage us this summer, and we are all connecting really well too, so I feel like we will all be able to grow this summer, and have encouragement as we all do our ministries.
Also, I should come back tan, so be ready :) jk ... but really :)
On a fun note, I got to go airboating!! like in water boy. and my team held an alligator, I did not, but I chose not too haha.... not my thing :)
One more thing. Today is My sister Shelly's birthday... sooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
miss you all. and I love you all!!
Things to pray for
Satan would stay away... and doubt would stay away.
we would continue to grow as a team
The people at the hatian church,
the people we will be ministering to at GKTW and Kids Clubs.
Thanks for your support!!
Lori
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment