Hey guys!
Well I just finished my first day in florida. I really like it a lot. My flights were all smooth, and everyone here is really nice. Today we just hung out at the camp where we are staying until everyone got here, and then around 5 we started our Florida state mission organization orientation. We had a speaker talk to us about living missionally. It was great to hear. One thing I really liked was he said that we shouldn't short change the people we interact with because we let insecurities rule our lives. Instead, we should be confident in the fact that we are Loved and valuable, and then we should live out that love, and share it with others. I think that is so true in living missionally because sometimes we let insecurities prevent us from ministering to people the way God wants us to, and that is not fair to the people that deserve to experience that love that we have received. anywhooo.... it was really good!!
On another note, I really think God has great things planned for this summer. All the people here really seem to love the Lord.
- Our orientation lasts the rest of the weekend and then I will start Give kids the world next week, and will start kids clubs a week from tuesday.
Things to pray for:
community to be built among all our team members
each community ministry to begin smoothly
the hearts of the people we will be ministering to.
P.S. we were all playing music, and this girl from Alabama asked if I could play some southern gospel... and i said oooo yes :)
Well I just finished my first day in florida. I really like it a lot. My flights were all smooth, and everyone here is really nice. Today we just hung out at the camp where we are staying until everyone got here, and then around 5 we started our Florida state mission organization orientation. We had a speaker talk to us about living missionally. It was great to hear. One thing I really liked was he said that we shouldn't short change the people we interact with because we let insecurities rule our lives. Instead, we should be confident in the fact that we are Loved and valuable, and then we should live out that love, and share it with others. I think that is so true in living missionally because sometimes we let insecurities prevent us from ministering to people the way God wants us to, and that is not fair to the people that deserve to experience that love that we have received. anywhooo.... it was really good!!
On another note, I really think God has great things planned for this summer. All the people here really seem to love the Lord.
- Our orientation lasts the rest of the weekend and then I will start Give kids the world next week, and will start kids clubs a week from tuesday.
Things to pray for:
community to be built among all our team members
each community ministry to begin smoothly
the hearts of the people we will be ministering to.
P.S. we were all playing music, and this girl from Alabama asked if I could play some southern gospel... and i said oooo yes :)

No comments:
Post a Comment